I’ve been on the receiving end of some of these, and some were inspired by hearing the complete opposite. You get the idea.
· Great job.
· How was your weekend?
· I have time.
· Let’s pilot it.
· I’m glad you made the meeting.
· Would you like to lead the next call?
· We need your ideas.
· Your efforts are noticed.
· This seems important to you.
· You bring value to the team.
· What’s your biggest challenge?
· Tell me more about that.
· It’s ok to be emotional about this.
· Would you like my feedback here?
· Thank you.
These aren’t in any order. This list is not all-encompassing. No buzz words needed. It’s not complicated. In fact, these phrases are quite simple. You know by now that you don’t need a title to be a leader. Right now, you have a team, regardless of size. You have eyes watching your actions and ears hearing your words.
Until next week,